Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.breathingandmedical.co.nz. This site is owned by Active Healthcare NZ Ltd.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
END USERS OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Depending on how you interact with us and your country of residence, we collect:
- your title, first name and last name.
- your date of birth and your gender.
- your address and email address.
- your telephone number.
- your payment information.
- your health insurance information.
- information about your healthcare professionals, including your treating physicians and homecare providers.
- identification and background information.
- your image or a photograph of you.
- your authorised representative or guardian’s first name, last name and contact details.
- information about the products you use, i.e. sleep therapy device, mask, etc.
- information about the services you use, i.e. from us and externally.
- your sleep, health, and health-related lifestyle information.
- any other information you provide to us.
In most cases, there will be an additional notice when we collect your personal data such as a pop-up form on our website or a form at our clinic, telling you that we are collecting your data at that point. We collect information about you when:
- you register an account with us.
- you interact with us, e.g. when you call, email or visit our website and social media channels.
- when you make an appointment or visit our clinics.
- when we receive information and prescriptions from your healthcare professional (if applicable in your country of residence).
- you sign up to receive marketing communications, interact with us via social media or other on-line platforms (including when you participate in on-line communities) or participate in promotional offers and surveys.
- your healthcare professional provides us data in relation to your medical care (if applicable in your country of residence).
- we provide products and services on behalf of third parties that you have a relationship with, such as hospitals and homecare providers.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect publicly or commercially available personal, identity, geographic and demographic information about you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you submit your data on a contact form on this website, the data will be collected and stored on our company database. No person or entity outside of Breathing & Medical Ltd will have access to this data unless expressly required by law.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We share your data with entities specifically necessary for the completion of whatever transaction you complete on this website. This includes:
Stripe (payment processing)
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Contact us on email@example.com, or at 74 Highbrook Dr, East Tamaki, Auckland NZ
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example Stripe for Payment Processing and Google for analytics.
This plugin/extension sets the following cookies:
_stripe_mid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
_stripe_sid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy